This great house was never built next to the Thames at Chelsea, but now it stands right on the riverbank. It originally stood in Bishopsgate, London, from where it was moved brick by brick at the beginning of the 20th century. It was first erected in 1466 by Sir John Crosby., and is now a private dwelling.
“….In 1483….it was taken over by the Earl of Gloucester (who would become King Richard III)….” Oops. Richard’s been demoted!